Here is a creamy, delicious avocado dressing that can be used as a sauce or a dip!
This is an easy, quick way to make a healthy snack or topping. You can make this thicker or thinner in consistency, depending on how you want to use it. It’s very versatile.
It works wonderfully on top of Mexican food, as a creamy salad dressing, in tuna salad, or as a veggie dip.
Please feel free to change around these ingreidents- add or subtract, use less or more– all it depends on your taste preferences!
*You can make this thinner to use as a sauce by adding more coconut milk, a bit of water, or a bit more olive oil. Make this your own!
Ingredients for avocado dressing:
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup-3/4 cup canned coconut milk (varies depending on the consistency you want)
- 1/4 cup (or more) fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic or more to taste
- Juice of 1 lime (start with 1 half lime and see how you like it)
- Several pinches of salt to taste
- Optional: Chopped up jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, to taste (can easily be omitted)
- Optional: If you don’t have coconut milk on hand, you can use 1/8 cup of olive oil instead– more or less depending on the consistency you’re looking for. Alternatively, add a bit of water + a bit of olive oil.
Directions: Throw all ingredients together into a blender. Yup- that’s it! Once blended, taste test the dressing and adjust as necessary. You may need to add extra liquid depending on your blender.